I’m not very superstitious, but while I was recording this thirteenth episode I suffered a number of minor inconveniences that made me wonder if something supernatural was at play. Most grievously, the memory card in my portable recorder filled up halfway through the recording while I nattered on blithely, forcing me to go back and redo it. I’m confident I absorbed the brunt of the bad luck surrounding this episode, so you can listen assured that nothing terrible will happen to you. If your podcast player erupts in flames, it has nothing to do with me.
- For a limited time, watch the “The Food Wife” episode of The Simpsons in which our favorite family become food bloggers.
- Mobile Cuisine asserts, “Eating at Food Trucks Healthier than Eating at Restaurants.” I’m not one to say I told you so but…
- Forbes explains, “Why We Need a Food Truck Index.” It’s a new age answer to the Big Mac Index.
- Do yourself a favor and listen to hilarious Episode 114 of the Giant Fire Breathing Robot podcast in which they talk about Silicon Valley food trucks and yours truly. By all means listen to the whole thing, but food talk starts 14:30 minutes in. Please note it’s rated “Podcast Explicit” for Adult Language, Adult Themes, and if you play it in slow-motion, you might even catch some Brief Nudity.
- Moveable Feast Mountain View, August 18, 2011. Ryan (the organizer) was collecting signatures on a petition to bring food trucks to downtown Mountain View. Residents James and Carrie and Jacob discuss their reasons for signing.
- Moveable Feast San Pedro Square, August 20, 2011. Musician Caroline Joy Alegre on her ukulele stylings. Esteemed food truck super-fan Sonja on her mobile food exploits.